Enhancing the visibility of the St. Louis Arc in the St. Louis community
by providing expert speakers
Want to learn more? If you have a class, group or organization that would like to learn more about the work of the St. Louis Arc, we’d be happy to come to you! Speakers Bureau members work with self-advocates and other people we support to help members of the public understand the personal stories that go along with many aspects of disability. By inviting the St. Louis Arc to your meeting, you can help us involve more people in advocacy, volunteerism and development activities on a local level.
Some Topics Include:
- Disability Awareness and Community Inclusion for People with Developmental Disabilities (suitable for groups of adults or children)
- Utilizing the Skills and Talents of People with Developmental Disabilities in your Business or Organization
- How the St. Louis Arc Helps People with Developmental Disabilities and their Families
- Legislative Issues Important to People with Developmental Disabilities and their Families
- Resources for Families of People with Developmental Disabilities in the St. Louis area
- Aging and Developmental Disabilities
- Preventing Developmental Disabilities and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
For more information or to discuss presentation topics, contact the coordinator of volunteers and community outreach, or call 314-817-2234.