Belle Children's Services of St. Louis Arc continues The Belle Center's partnership with three local early childhood programs where children with and without special needs learn and play together. The SouthSide Early Childhood Center, the Jewish Community Center (at the Fox and Creve Coeur campuses) and The University Child Development Center at UMSL all rely upon Belle Children's Services to provide individualized education and therapies within the regular classroom setting.
Founded in 1984, Belle's preschool program is the Midwest's first full inclusion preschool, where children with and without special needs participate in all activities together.
- We support children from birth to 6 years of age.
- The program prepares children of all abilities to enter the kindergarten of their choice with appropriate supports.
- Our teachers and therapists foster an environment where children with and without developmental delays and disabilities learn and play together, care about each other and enrich each other's lives.
- Our preschool program helps children with developmental delays and disabilities to learn social and academic skills from their typically developing peers.
- Our full inclusion program encourages children without special needs to learn compassion and respect for people of all abilities.
- We provide extensive consultative supports to teachers, staff and administrators at each of our embedded early learning program sites.
For more information about services at these early childhood centers, please contact Kate Hannon at Belle Children's Services of St. Louis Arc or call 314-569-2211.
"Starting out with an inclusive educational experience is the first step in enabling Lucy to best realize her full potential as a person. We are excited and hopeful for our daughter's future."
--Ann Salamon, parent