It began when a small group of St. Louis area families decided that all children had a right to an education, medical care, and places to play — regardless of their disabilities.
Since 1950, people with disabilities and their families have been placing their trust with the St. Louis Arc. Today, the St. Louis Arc serves more than 4,000 children, teens, and adults with autism spectrum disorders, Down syndrome, intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
We connect individuals and their families to:
- Support groups and workshops that provide resources and continuous education
- Home and center-based therapies to strengthen the body and mind
- Social and recreational programs to stay active and have fun
- Employment and training services to reach their work goals
- Residential and adult day programs to stay engaged with their surrounding community
Our core values of respect, collaboration, and empowerment drive everything we do.