With hundreds of private and state programs supporting more than 4,000 individuals and families, navigating the vast world of supports at the St. Louis Arc can be overwhelming. Additionally, as individuals develop and age, so may their needs and interests. The Arc strives to assist people in finding the right resources, whether offered internally or externally. The Arc has identified several key staff roles to better assist individuals and families to provide guided support throughout the lifespan.
The Arc’s various navigators help individuals and families navigating the many systems and resources available. The navigator’s goal is to provide people with much needed support in discovering the information they need, connecting with peers, and obtaining resources and services that will benefit the family.
How a Navigator Can Support You and Your Family:
- Provide resource information specific to your family’s needs
- Referral to supporting programs within the Arc and within the community
- Connection with peers through support groups and direct connections
- Advocacy and navigation of IEP’s and school processes as well as ISP’s
- Identifying care options
- Finding options to expand your circles of support
- Navigation of the Department of Mental Health (DMH), Medicaid waivers, and funding options
- Access to provider lists and support in referrals
- Determining what programs to apply to and how (considering wait lists, timelines, eligibility)
The Arc encourages families and individuals to connect with a navigator as you transition between ages or programs, or if you just have a general question of support. The Arc continues to identify new ways to support people with disabilities and their families in living their best lives.
How to Contact an Arc Navigator:
Families of Children ages 0 – 11
Lee Anna Sanders, Family Navigator, 314-941-1640
Individuals 12-18 and Their Families
Hannah Satterwhite, Family Navigator, 314-941-1642
Cait Carr, Transition Navigator, 314-941-1433
Marquita Warner, Family Navigator, 314-941-0755
Older Adults and Individuals Searching for Residential Support
Mary Anne Tolliver, Director of Aging & Residential Navigation, 314-817-2218