Each year families who participate in our Capable Kids and Family (CKF) and Parents Learning Together (PLT) programs receive holiday gifts as part of the annual St. Louis Arc Giving Tree. As we approach the holiday season, the Arc partners with businesses and individuals in the St. Louis community who buy gifts off a child’s wish list. Without the support of these partnerships, many children and families in our programs would not be able to have holiday gifts.
The process to sign-up to purchase gifts this year is virtual. Please visit the online Giving Tree list to select a wish list to fulfill. This year, the Arc will fulfill holiday wish lists for close to 200 children. The children range in age and needs, all of which can be viewed through the online giving list.
How the Arc Giving Tree Works
- Select a list from the online wish list. The lists contain a child’s first name, age, sizes, and their wish list and needed items for Christmas.
- The items on the needs list typically include necessities such as a coat, shoes, or pajamas. The items on the wants list include toys, games, and other items the child would enjoy.
- While you do not have to purchase every item on the list, we do ask that you commit to purchasing most of the items on the needs list first. After the needs are met, a few items could be selected from the wish list. The goal is for each child to have 4-5 gifts (with the exception of children with larger priced items).
- You can choose one or multiple tags to fulfill as an individual.
- All gifts for a single child should be placed together in a single bag with the wish list name and number clearly and securely attached. Items should remain unwrapped, as we have a volunteer group who wraps and organizes gifts before the holiday.
- Bags should be dropped off at 1177 N. Warson no later than December 15.
For individuals who are unable to fulfill a list through shopping, we will accept monetary donations. By accepting Giving Tree donations, we will be able to order the gifts needed and guarantee a holiday delivery.
Thank you for your generosity. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Lisa Miller. Learn more about the Giving Tree through the 2021 Q&A session on the program.