The St. Louis Arc employs more than 500 full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees. These employees make a difference in the lives of more than 4,500 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. At the St. Louis Arc, we empower people to live their best life. That is our mission – not only to those we serve but also to those we employ. This mutually shared sense of purpose drives our decisions and actions. We are always looking for new people to join our circle. Today, we’d like to highlight our residential program and how staff support and empower individuals daily.
Supporting People at Dautel Circle
The Arc’s residential community, Dautel Circle, is a community of adults with disabilities who receive 24-hour support. Staff at this location ensure that all residents get the support they need by assisting them with daily living skills. Individuals are encouraged to maintain family and social connections and engage in their community with support from staff. Dautel Circle is located in Creve Coeur, Missouri, near the intersection of Olive and Craig Roads.
Members of our team at Dautel Circle foster residents’ independence and self-esteem. Staff assist four to six adults in a home with day-to-day life skills (e.g., hygiene, meal prep, dressing) and support them in their social and emotional well-being (e.g., outings and activities).
Open Positions in Residential
What you will do:
- Maintain an understanding of 2-6 individuals’ plans and appropriate implementation practices
- Actively engage individual’s growth in daily living skills including, but not limited to, hygiene support, meal preparation, dressing, and maintaining a clean environment
- Transport individuals to and from activities and scheduled appointments
- Assist and mentor new staff: daily notes, worksite orientation, and supervised medication passes
- Understand and implement standards for Daily Note completion and review
- Collaborate with the nursing team to follow and implement nursing plans (medications, physical supports, diets, and transportation to doctor’s appointments) and ensure staff have an understanding of expectations
- Execute all tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Support Manager
- Act as interim Support Manager in the Support Manager’s absence
What you will do:
- Empower people to live their best life by assisting them with daily living skills.
- Teach skills that increase our residential participants’ independence and self-esteem.
- Assist four to six adult participants residing in our residential home with such skills as hygiene, meal preparation, dressing, and maintaining a clean environment.
- Support individuals in all areas of social and emotional well-being (e.g., planning outings and internal activities).
- Collaborate with the nursing team to follow and implement nursing plans (e.g., medications, physical support, and diets).
- Maintain an understanding of all individual’s plans and appropriate implementation practices.
- Transport individuals to and from activities and appointments.
- Complete required documentation within agency and funding deadlines.
Visit our Careers page to learn more about working with the St. Louis Arc and apply for a position.